Friday, October 3, 2008

Your Grandmothers Recipes




Ok, y'all. I know you're lurking out there, reading this blog and checking out the pictures as they go up. So, here is a bribe for you.

I have a box of recipes I received from Auntie M. They are copies of Grandma Allen (Sally Myrtle Smith)'s recipes, most of them written in her own handwriting.

There were a couple in the Family Tree book that Mom and Dad received at their party, but there are plenty more.

I'm posting a couple of them today.

The other recipes I'll share with you if you'll share your 60th Anniversary Party pictures with me. :) !

I'm actually bribing you in service of a greater cause! Mom and Dad realllly want to see the party pictures. I have none. Erica gave them hers before she left town, and Jack sent his right away. So they have seen a few. But I know there must be a huge number of photos out there that Mom and Dad haven't seen. Can you please send me a disk so that I can get them to Walgreens for Mom and Dad? Or can you upload them to Walgreens dot com and have them printed at the local Hurst location so Mom can pick them up here?

Thanks y'all.

Recipes to come: Pecan Pie, Chicken n Dumplings, Thanksgiving Dressing......mmmmmmm!

2 comments:

Dana said...

Mmmhh. I might just try out one of the recipes...especially the coming soon Pecan Pie!
The photos from the party shocked us. These "kids" are totally grown! Ok, we know that just happens...but really that much?! The young women are sooo beautiful. Who is the guy standing behind on the picture with the 3 boys on there?

Less Bark. More Wag. said...

the 3 boys, L to R are Chance Ryan, and MichaelPeter. We used to call him Mikey when he was little. And we call him Mike when he's by himself, but when MichaelPatrick is there we can't even call one of them MichaelP! If you cick thru on the slide show I think I put a comment on one of the pictures explaining who each kid is and who they 'belong' to! :)